Welcome! Bettr Coffee Co.
The Hario V60 is a cone dripper that has its inner walls lined with sprial ridges. These ridges help keep the filter paper from sticking to the sides, ensuring airflow and smooth extraction of coffee at the base of the dripper.
It takes some practice to get this one right. But if done correctly, the results can be very rewarding. Worth a go for coffee lovers and a definite do it for all coffee enthusiasts!
Grind Size: Medium, somewhere between table salt and kosher salt in size (show picture of grind size)
Brew Ratio: 1: 15g
Brew time: 2 - 2.5mins
Temp: 90° C
1. Bring water to 91° C and weigh out 20g of coffee grinding it to medium
2. Prepare V60 set up, put the filter paper into the Dripper
3. Wet the Filter paper to get rid of the paper taste and dispose the water
4. Place coffee grounds into V60 and give it a tap for an even distribution
5. Tare the weighing scale
6. Start the timer and start pouring in circles, saturating the grounds evenly until reaching 30-40grams
7. Allow the coffee to bloom for 30 seconds
8. Pour the remaining water without touching the sides of the paper filter, in a circular motion and maintaining a constant volume of water throughout the entire process
9. Stop when the scale reaches 300g and allow the water to drain (the brew process should be drained by 2:30. You should see an even bed of coffee at the bottom of the cone.
Note: If brew time is too long, adjust the grind size (coarser) to speed up the brew process, vice versa for a short brew time (grind finer)